Accountant II/Senior Accountant – Grafton, WI
The left side of your brain could lift a truck. While others panic at the sight of spreadsheets, you welcome them like long-lost friends. Once a mathlete, always a mathlete. Now it’s time to be a Kapco teammate.
Starting Date: TBD
Employment Term: Regular
Employment Type: Full-Time
Starting Salary: Depends on experience
Salary/Benefit Notes: Medical, Dental, Vision, 401(K), Profit Sharing, Vacations, Paid Holidays
Required skills: Ability to communicate GAAP accounting principles. Knowledge of internal audit practices and ability to manage the internal audit function. Understanding of the purchasing / payables cycle within an ERP environment
Required Experience: Bachelor’s degree and a minimum of three years of equivalent experience.
If you are driven to succeed with a passion for the professional growth and development of others, our employee-focused company may have the right opportunity for you. Kapco Inc. is looking for an Accountant II at our Grafton, Wisconsin area facility. The ideal candidate for this position would be able to do the following:
- Monitor profitability of tooling product line and report to management on a monthly basis.
- Manage changes in Wisconsin sales and tax laws and regulations.
- Establish procedures to ensure compliance with laws and regulations.
- Determine expenditures that require payment of sales or tax use.
- Prepare and file monthly tax returns.
- Supervise assigned personnel.
- Establish procedures for auditing expenditures and reimbursements for voluntary employee benefit plans.
- Review for compliance on a monthly basis and report results to Controller.
- Establish procedures for auditing compliance of employee benefit plans to enrollment forms and other personnel file documentation.
- Execute audits on an annual basis and report results to Controller.
- Examine credit card statements and process for payment.
- Gain understanding of company’s sales/receivables cycle and backup the accounts receivable function on an as-needed basis.
- Establish procedures for approval of vendor invoices, monitor compliance of vendor payments to purchase contracts and process vendor invoices for approval and payment.
- Determine payment schedules for vendors based upon payment terms and company’s cash flow position.
- Manage compliance with federal and state record retention requirements as they relate to payables information and sales and tax returns.
- Manage changes in federal and state 1099 laws and regulations and establish procedures to ensure compliance.
- Determine disbursements that require 1099 reporting.
- Prepare annual filings.
- Other projects and duties as assigned.
Kapco is setting new standards for innovation, efficiency, and quality in the metal stamping industry. Our company offers advancement opportunities, a goal-oriented compensation structure, excellent benefits and a secure future. If you like what you see…explore more!
Kapco is an EOE of Minorities/Females/Veterans/Disabilities.