CNC Lead – Grafton, WI
Join the Kapco highly skilled team of people who live and breathe machining. Help lead the way to cost-effectively produce precision parts making a difference for our customers. You will find our machining expertise and technology among the best in the industry.
Starting Date: TBD
Employment Term: Regular
Employment Type: Full-Time
Work Hours (shift): 2nd shift
Starting Salary: Depends on experience
Salary/Benefit Notes: Medical, Dental, Vision, 401(K), Profit Sharing, Vacations, Paid Holidays
Desired Experience: Prefer at least five years of CNC experience
If you are driven to succeed with a passion for professional growth and development, our employee-focused company may have the right opportunity for you. Kapco Inc. is looking for a CNC Lead – 2nd Shift at our Milwaukee area location. This skilled job involves the use of the CNC machine, saws, drills, sander, and mill. Knowledge of tooling capabilities and applications for both CNC and machining. Solid understanding of quality requirements and excellent decision-making is needed. This is a non-exempt position.
The ideal candidate for this position would be able to do the following:
- Oversee the needs of the CNC Department for assigned shifts.
- First piece inspection for all employees is required.
- Verify production rates and communicate with Fabrication Manager if rates need adjusting.
- Advise management if there are issues to be addressed regarding company policy or procedures on assigned shifts.
- Spend at least half of their shift running production.
- Set tools, pick up zero points and run through new and repeat programs.
- Program the CNC when needed.
- Read and interpret blueprints.
- Initiate action to prevent non-conformances, including shutting down equipment when necessary.
- Clean and maintain assigned area.
- Complete paperwork accurately and completely.
- Successfully complete Kapco forklift certification program.
- May require Overhead Crane responsibilities.
- Other duties as assigned.
Kapco is setting new standards for innovation, efficiency, and quality in the metal stamping industry. Our company offers advancement opportunities, a goal-oriented compensation structure, excellent benefits and a secure future. If you like what you see…explore more!