It’s time to rock that manufacturing engineering degree at Kapco. Join our bullpen; a fast-paced, high volume environment where material, production, and process meet. Be part of the machine that keeps our machines busy.
Position: Cost Estimator
Job Location: Grafton, WI
Starting Date: ASAP
Employment Term: Regular
Employment Type: Full Time
Work Hours (shift): 1st
Starting Salary: Depends on experience
Salary/Benefit Notes: Medical, Dental, 401(K), Profit Sharing, Vacations, Paid Holidays
Required Education: Bachelor’s degree or equivalent
Required Experience: 1-3 years
If you are driven to succeed with a passion for the professional growth and development of others, our employee-focused company may have the right opportunity for you. Kapco is looking for a Cost Estimator at our Milwaukee area manufacturing facility.
The ideal candidate will have:
- Manufacturing engineering knowledge of sheet metal / metal stamping and welding industries.
- Experience in high volume manufacturing operations, including assembly techniques, process control and material.
- Knowledge of manufacturing production / material control software systems.
- Computer-operating skills are needed (knowledge in use of Word, Excel, Access, etc.).
This position’s responsibilities include:
- Interpreting engineering documents such as drawings, technical manuals and technical specifications.
- Examining documents (blueprints, drawings, change orders, and specifications), verifies completeness and accuracy of data.
- Confers with document originators (or customer’s engineering liaison personnel), resolves discrepancies and implements required changes to documents.
- Serves as customer liaison and reports customer concerns to appropriate personnel.
- Determines costs of producing products and provides quote information for customers.
- Investigates problems and initiates effective measures for their solution.
- Provides recommendations regarding feasibility of using alternative approaches, modifying or replacing equipment to reduce costs or improve quality.
- Enters data and maintains related files.
- Participates in improvement team activities as needed and other duties as assigned.
KAPCO is setting new standards for innovation, efficiency and quality in the metal stamping industry. Our company offers advancement opportunities, a goal-oriented compensation structure, excellent benefits and a secure future. If you like what you see…explore more!
- Click the APPLY button below and fill out the brief on-line application
- Email contact info and current resume (if available) to: email@example.com
Kapco is an EOE of Minorities/Females/Vets/Disability.