Maintenance Apprentice – Grafton, WI
Help keep Kapco’s machines moving effectively and efficiently. Our maintenance apprentice works to safely maintain and repair a wide variety of manufacturing equipment. Take the challenge and join our team working at state-of-the-art facilities in a fun environmental with excellent benefits.
Employment Term: Regular
Employment Type: Full-Time
Work Hours (shift): 2nd shift, 3rd shift
Starting Salary: Depends on experience
Salary/Benefit Notes: Medical, Dental, Vision, 401(K), Profit Sharing, Vacations, Paid Holidays
If you are driven to succeed with a passion for the professional growth and development of others, our employee-focused company may have the right opportunity for you. Kapco Inc. is looking for a Maintenance Apprentice at our Milwaukee area location. The ideal candidate for this position would be able to do the following:
- Maintain, troubleshoot, repair and/or replace the following items; industrial machinery and equipment such as motors and transformers, electronic controls, power distribution, PLC logic systems, material handling equipment (cranes, conveyors, fork trucks) welding equipment, machine tools and robotics
- Machine Operation: Grinders, drill press, saws, lathes, milling machines, lasers, brake presses, stamping presses, alter and repair fixtures and tools
- Circuit board troubleshooting and repair, machine and equipment installation, rigging and hoisting, start-up and debugging new equipment, robot installation, painting structural layout/fabrication, sheet metal, guards/rails
- Hydraulics/Pneumatics: pumps, valves, cylinders and actuators, lubricants, and coolants. Troubleshoot, repair and rebuild; compressor repair, piping, tubing and hoses, schematics and blueprint reading
- Safety: proper use of personal protective equipment, safe use of hand tools, power tools, electrical and electronic test equipment, lockout-tagout procedures and other employer safety requirements to be in compliance with NFPA 70E, OSHA standards, and the NEC
Performance standards include:
- Complete scheduled training program
- Quality work with attention to detail
- Quality awareness
- Complete assigned tasks on schedule
- Cleanliness and neatness of maintenance areas
- Cooperation, responsiveness, dependability and proper attitude
- Conformance to company personnel, safety, quality and housekeeping policies, procedures, and practices
- Attainment of individual written goals
Kapco is setting new standards for innovation, efficiency, and quality in the metal stamping industry. Our company offers advancement opportunities, a goal-oriented compensation structure, excellent benefits and a secure future. If you like what you see…explore more!
Kapco is an EOE of Minorities/Females/Veterans/Disabilities.