Manufacturing Engineer and/or Quality Engineer – Osceola
Hardest part about THIS job is explaining it to your relatives. They know you are an engineer, but their eyes glaze over when you talk about what you do. That’s OK. We get it at Kapco and we’ve got a prime opening at our Osceola facility.
Position: Manufacturing Engineer and/or Quality Engineer
Job Location: Osceola, WI
Employment Type: Full Time
Work Hours (shift): 1st shift
Starting Salary: Depends on experience
Salary/Benefit Notes: Medical, Dental, Vision, 401(K), Profit Sharing, Vacations, Paid Holidays
- Significant knowledge of stamping, welding, tooling and fixtures.
- Excellent writing, math and analytical skills.
- Proficiency in the use of measuring and testing equipment, reading and interpreting blueprints, documentation, and engineering specifications.
- Proficiency in APQP PPAPs; 8D formatted Corrective Actions; and GDT (Geometric Dimensioning and Tolerancing).
- Communication skills to interact with the customers and suppliers and the ability to perform tasks with little or no supervision.
- Trade school, college courses or ASQ (America Society for Quality).
- Quality Engineer Certification.
If you are driven to succeed, our employee-focused company may have the right opportunity for you. Kapco Metal Stamping is looking for a Manufacturing Engineer and/or Quality Engineer to join the team at our Osceola area facility.
The ideal candidate for this exempt position would be able to do the following:
- Develop, evaluate, and improve manufacturing methods, utilizing knowledge of process design, material and parts, manufacturing processes, tooling and production equipment capabilities and quality requirements and standards.
- Analyze and plan space requirements and workflow, and design layout of equipment and workspace for maximum efficiency.
- Participate in new product development regarding process design and tooling to ensure efficient production methods.
- Confer with various departments regarding manufacturing capabilities, production schedules, and other considerations to facilitate production processes.
- Apply statistical methods to estimate future manufacturing requirements and potential.
- Participate in Advanced Product Quality Planning.
- Interpret customer GDT print requirements.
- Communicates with supplies or customers on quality and print related issues.
- Stop production to prevent non-conforming products from being produced.
- Coordinate employee actions for subordinates to include evaluations, discipline, training, testing and career development, as needed.
- Promote and participate on continuous improvement teams, as needed.
- Other projects and duties as assigned.
- Click on the apply button below to fill out the brief on-line application
- Email your contact info and current resume (if available) to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Kapco is an Equal Opportunity of Minorities / Females/ Vets / Disability.