Manufacturing Operations Leader – Grafton, WI
Kapco is seeking Manufacturing Operations Leader(s) who will be a part of the leadership team and responsible for the operations planning process, overseeing and managing a number of functions which may include: manufacturing, production control, equipment engineering, quality, inventory control and materials. Defines goals, improves technologies and resolves problems in conjunction with leadership team and managers across the organization.
- 10 years Operations leadership experience with BA/BS Degree; Logistics, Supply Chain, Engineering or Business degree preferred
- At least 5 years of experience within a metal stamping and fabrication manufacturing setting including weld, paint and assembly operations preferred
- 5 years’ experience applying lean manufacturing and Six Sigma principles preferred. Six Sigma Black Belt certification is preferred.
- Daily management of staff to ensure internal and external customer demands are met.
- Manage projects and set direction for areas of responsibility.
- Collaborate with the leadership team and other functional leads to develop long and short range planning, policies, programs and objectives.
- Responsible for creating and executing data-driven action plans to improve standard work & performance.
- Enlists all employees in the commitment to excellence by communicating appropriate business information in a timely manner.
- Ensures all employees are knowledgeable of and comply with all work policies.
- Evaluates employees’ performance, development plans and merit recommendations.
- Coaches, trains and counsels employees to improve performance.
- Operate within all budgets achieving product cost/margin forecasts. Responsible for managing multiple cost centers and forecasting.
- Meet needs of a growing business while maintaining minimal inventory levels.
- Create and achieve operating performance targets and improvements including: cost reductions, reduced cycle times, and reduced lead times.
Kapco is an EOE of Minorities/Females/Vets/Disability