Who likes Alphabet Soup? You do. Especially when it contains CAD, ASQ, APQP PPAP, GDT and even 8D. Get your CV to HR PDQ or ASAP and remember that we are all about EOE.
Position: Quality Engineer
Job Location: Grafton, WI
Starting Date: Immediate
Employment Term: Regular
Employment Type: Full Time
Work Hours (shift): 1st Shift
Starting Salary: Depends on experience
Salary/Benefit Notes: Medical, Dental, 401(K), Profit Sharing, Vacations, Paid Holidays
Experience: 1-3 years. Trade school, college courses or ASQ (American Society for Quality) Quality Engineer Certification are desired.
This position requires:
- Excellent writing, math and analytical skills.
- Understanding of fabrication, stamping, and welding equipment.
- Understanding and some experience with CAD.
- Proficiency in the use of measuring and testing equipment, reading and interpreting blueprints, documentation, and engineering specifications.
- Computer operating skills and proficiency with Microsoft Excel and Word.
- Proficiency in APQP PPAPs; 8D formatted Corrective Actions; and GDT (Geometric Dimensioning and Tolerancing).
- Communication skills to interact with the customers and suppliers and the ability to perform tasks with little or no supervision
If you are driven to succeed, our employee-focused company may have the right opportunity for you. Kapco is looking for a Quality Engineer at our Milwaukee area facility. The ideal candidate for this position would be able to do the following:
- Be actively involved in New Product Development.
- Participate in Advanced Product Quality Planning and prepare Product Part Approval Process documentation to the customers’ requirements for new product submissions.
- Interpret customer GDT print requirements.
- Communicate with suppliers or customers on quality and print related issues.
- Prepare and direct the Control Plan document system.
- May perform Quality Inspector’s duties and responsibilities.
- Evaluate parts or processes and report any non-conformances.
- Maintain the system for control of non-conforming materials and process the Corrective and Preventive Action; investigate and document 8D formatted corrective actions.
- Promote and participate on continuous improvement teams, as needed.
- Other projects and duties as assigned.
Kapco is setting new standards for innovation, efficiency and quality in the metal stamping industry. Our company offers advancement opportunities, a goal-oriented compensation structure, excellent benefits and a secure future. If you like what you see…explore more!
- Click on the apply button below to fill out the brief on-line application
- Email your contact info and current resume (if available) to: email@example.com
Kapco is an EOE of Minorities / Females / Vets / Disability.