Weld Engineering Technician – Grafton, WI
Make sparks fly. Kapco’s welding operation is second-to-none and we need to add a Weld Engineering Technician who can think quickly, react when conditions warrant, and make things happen consistently and correctly.
Starting Date: TBD
Employment Term: Regular
Employment Type: Full time
Work Hours (shift): 1st shift
Starting Salary: Depends on experience
Salary/Benefit Notes: Medical, Dental, Vision, 401(K), Profit Sharing, Vacations, Paid Holidays
Education: A technical degree mechanical engineering or welding is a plus. Certified Welding Inspector (CWI) qualification desired.
Required Experience: Prior industrial automation, weld fixture design and/or welding experience.
Kapco Core Values: Innovation, Attitude, Integrity, Impact, Accountability, Safety
If you are driven to succeed with a passion for the professional growth and development of others, our employee-focused company may have the right opportunity for you. Kapco Inc. is looking for a Welding Engineering Technician at our Milwaukee area location.
The ideal candidate for this position would be able to do the following:
- Champion new weldments throughout the PPAP process
- Review welding requirements to keep Kapco compliant to our customer’s welding requirements; this includes welder certification and equipment calibration
- Develop and maintain required AWS documentation
- Support the weld department with technical guidance when robotic equipment is down and/or malfunctioning
- Create/update internal documents for new weldments; i.e. Assign asset number to new fixtures, assign fixture locations, create NWFR (New Weld Fixture Reports), create setup sheets for manual and robotic weldments, updates CAD files to reflect final weld fixture changes and provides special notes for the Engineering Master
- Design weld fixtures for new weldments
- Process improvements; reviews weld settings, travel speeds, robotic sequencing, cell layout, sub-component packaging and material handling
- Machine, build and fits-up new weld fixtures
- Review/Evaluate cycle-times; break down every motion within a weldment, updates the estimating group of all discrepancies
- Train new robotic programmers
- Support robotic programming as needed
- Other duties as assigned.
Kapco is setting new standards for innovation, efficiency and quality in the metal stamping industry. Our company offers advancement opportunities, a goal-oriented compensation structure, excellent benefits and a secure future. If you like what you see…explore more!
Kapco is an EOE of Minorities/Females/Vets/Disability.