Weld Manufacturing Engineer – Grafton, WI
Starting Date: TBD
Employment Type: Full-Time
Work Hours (shift): First Shift
Starting Salary: Depends on experience
Salary/Benefit Notes: Medical, Dental, Vision, 401(K), Profit Sharing, Vacation, Paid Holidays
If you are driven to succeed with a passion for the professional growth and development of others, our employee-focused company may have the right opportunity for you. Kapco Inc. is looking for a Weld Manufacturing Engineer at our Grafton facility.
- Provide manufacturing with accurate and complete program package as a tool for operating fabrication equipment.
- Make recommendations regarding feasibility of using alternative approaches, modifying or replacing equipment to create efficiency or improve quality.
- Promote and participate on continuous improvement teams.
- Champion new weldments throughout the PPAP process.
- Review welding requirements to keep Kapco compliant to our customer requirements, including welder certification and equipment calibration.
- Develop and maintain required AWS documentation.
- Creates/updates internal documents for new weldments.
- Create setup sheets for manual and robotic weldments.
- Process improvements to review weld settings, travel speeds, robotic sequencing, cell layout, sub-component packaging and material handling.
- Review/Evaluate cycle-times breaking down every motion within a weldment and updating estimating group on all discrepancies.
- Other projects and duties as assigned.
Performance standards include:
- Accurate and timely programs for new parts and engineering changes using current provided software and knowledge of methods to reduce product cost, and improve product manufacturability.
- Determine programming priorities using department requirements as guidelines for setting these priorities.
- Effective team participation.
- Completion of assigned tasks efficiently and on schedule.
- Accuracy of records, programs and tool libraries.
- Accurate and timely troubleshooting to prevent non-conformance’s.
- Organization, cleanliness and neatness in assigned area.
- Cooperation, responsiveness, dependability and proper attitude in dealing with others.
- Clear, concise communication.
- Conformance to company personnel safety, quality and housekeeping policies, procedures and practices.
- Attainment of individual written goals.
Kapco is setting new standards for innovation, efficiency and quality in the metal stamping industry. We offer advancement opportunities, a goal-oriented compensation structure, excellent benefits and a secure future. If you like what you see, explore more for the chance to Come Together at Kapco!
Kapco is an EOE of Minorities/Females/Veterans/Disabilities.