Tom Kacmarcik Sr. opened the doors of Kapco on Hickory Street in Grafton in 1972. Employee #1 was his wife, Josephine. Together, they began a business that became known for making quality metal products for a wide variety of customers throughout the Midwest.
Sons Tom Jr. and Jim joined the management team in 1985 to assist as the company grew. Bursting with work and filled to the brim at the Hickory plant, the team made the decision to build for the future. Planning began for a modern, state-of-the-art facility.
The new Kapco Corporate Headquarters opened at 1000 Badger Circle in 1999 to serve as the primary base of operations for metal stamping. Since then, it has added die building, fabrication, laser, and CNC operations. Work continued to flow and the plant began a second expansion effectively doubling its size in 2015.
As Kapco expanded, two facilities were added in West Bend, Wisconsin along with two more buildings in Grafton. In 2011, Kapco took over a portion of the Polaris Industries plant in Osceola, Wisconsin. Doing so preserved vital jobs for a large local workforce. It also provided Kapco with a presence in Northwest Wisconsin.
From a humble start, Kapco’s workforce grew from a husband and wife team to a family of companies with over 400 employees. Since day one, we have been proud to call Wisconsin our home.